[Solved] Invalid Login: nzgeek00

Username: nzgeek00

Server: Johnny

Domain: tech.geek.nz

I am no longer able to log into my account.  I cannot reset my password because DNS is configured to use HelioHost as MX for the domain.

If this account has been deleted, please let me know so I can make alternative arrangements.  If it is still active, please redirect a password reset to bgreen@inspire.net.nz (you can use whois records to verify that I am the registered owner of this domain)

Regards,

Brendon Green

tech.geek.nz

Ah, the self-mail issue. We have a few people who've done that...yeah, you should never use a mailbox on your hosting account as your contact email address.

I can't find another valid email address for you. You are posting from the forum account associated with your johnny account though (they're showing as linked and were both created on the same day). The email addresses are currently identical.

Are you able to update the email address on the forum account and verify it? If so, I can send the backup to the new forum account email. Once you receive the backup, you should use the new email address you set to sign up for hosting again so the forum accounts link.

Ah, the self-mail issue. We have a few people who've done that...yeah, you should never use a mailbox on your hosting account as your contact email address.

I can't find another valid email address for you. You are posting from the forum account associated with your johnny account though (they're showing as linked and were both created on the same day). The email addresses are currently identical.

Are you able to update the email address on the forum account and verify it? If so, I can send the backup to the new forum account email. Once you receive the backup, you should use the new email address you set to sign up for hosting again so the forum accounts link.

The thing is, at the time I signed up, the mail for the domain was still hosted at my ISP.  I later switched it to HelioHost so I could self-administer the mail forwarding rules, but forgot to change the contact email address.

Mail for the domain is again being routed through my ISP as of now, so I should be able to retrieve the backup now.

Edited by nzgeek00

As of now, I have managed to retrieve my backup from Johnny, and have also successfully updated my forum email address.

What I would like to find now, is the list of mail forwarding rules that were configured in cPanel; assuming such a thing exists in that backup.

They don't. You'd need a proper cpanel archive to get those (there's a file that's created during a full backup specifically for the mail settings), which can't be created with the server inoperative. The mail itself is in your home folder though, so you do get your mailbox content back

Because these backups were made with the server offline, we just tarred the home folder and copied the files for your databases. Postgres, mail settings, domain configurations, etc. were not backed up.

• Like 1