Account access problem

aquaali

Hi,

I cannot access to my account via www.heliohost.org

I always get "Invalid Login" response.

My website is consequently inaccessible.

Please correct this problem.

Regards.

Account : aquaali

Server : Johnny

High load, maybe, and the load is so high that it cannot suspend the user...

edit: But its an outright crash. The monitor shows all is fine and stable then solid red. Don't tell me that the disks failed again. And the loss of millions of InnoDB tables

Edited by ziad0

InnoDB is almost certainly toast. It has a habit of not surviving a single improper reboot let alone multiple.

What we do seem to know (or at least behaves like it) is that MySQL is why it's crashing. We can run Johnny as long as MySQL is stopped. We start it, and soon after, MySQL starts beating on the disks. While the disks are being kept busy by MySQL, other things spawn tasks which get allocated memory then just sit there blocked, waiting for the disk that rarely becomes free. Those tasks then pile up since they're completing too slowly or not at all. The server eventually runs out of memory, which just causes it to try to find more disk time to swap out the stalled tasks and make room for new ones, all of which are also waiting for the disk. It then just snowballs until it can no longer find any resources at all due to the massive backlog, at which point it just hangs.

What I don't know is why MySQL is using the disk this much...is this normal and perhaps something else finally changed to make the server no longer able to handle the use? Is this a result of damage from an unrelated crash?

Disk. Disk. DISK!

Or someone is abusing MySQL. Maybe making millions of queries? Maybe move the /var/ partition to the NAS, see how that works out?

I don't think you can login to WHM to see who is #1 on load/mysql queries if it keeps crashing like this

Maybe making millions of queries? Maybe move the /var/ partition to the NAS, see how that works out?

This is actually one option we're looking at doing to fix it, though we'd just move /var/mysql as opposed to the entirety of /var...