Email host and port

rakesh73

username: rakesh73

server: tommy

Hi,

What is the email host name and port for tommy. I followed the instructions given in "setup email client" and got below error:

org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.beepr.heliohost.org, port: 465, response: -1. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.beepr.heliohost.org, port: 465, response: -1; message exception details (1) are:
Failed message 1:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.beepr.heliohost.org, port: 465, response: -1
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:2106)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:712)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:366)

Try tommy.heliohost.org as the host name. I know that tends to be the issue with ftp et. al. You might also try SMTP on port 25, no encryption.

When I get a chance I'll play with setting it up in outlook and figure out the settings for you...

Just trying to eliminate things. I know for example that FTPS (FTP over TLS) doesn't work on our servers.

I just added an account in outlook with these and it worked:

• Use tommy.heliohost.org as the host name.
  • IMAP port is 993 (SSL/TLS), SMTP is 465 (SSL/TLS).
  • Outgoing server requires authentication (select use same settings as incoming server).
Edited by wolstech
Details!