Unable To Restore Database From Backup From Ricky

huabao

I understand Ricky went down for maintenance in Jun, but I only recently noticed and want to restore my backup. I installed an instance of Prestashop and spent a lot of time configuring back on Ricky so I don't want to lose any of that. I requested and downloaded the backup. I created a new account on Johnny as suggested in the email and I'm trying to restore it. Upon extracting the backup, I am able to find the `public_html` folder containing Prestashop files and the `huabao_pres720.sql` file. However the `huabao_pres720.sql` file is only 784 bytes and contents doesn't seem to contain any of the data.

So in short I am trying to backup the database of `huabao.heliohost.org` on Ricky and restore it on Johnny. Can you help?

Thanks

That sounds like you were using innodb tables. I searched and it looks like prestashop 1.4 and above use innodb by default. What innodb means is that it can't be recovered after a server crashes. Myisam (our default) can be recovered after a crash. That's part of the reason we recommend it to everyone, and that's why if you create a database without specifying you end up with myisam. You'll need to use your next newest backup to restore and you'll lose whatever difference there was between when you took the backup and when the crash occured.

The only backup I have is the only sent to me through email. I don't know how to have access to Ricky anymore. I might be a bit confused with how the username and emails are connected. My first account on Ricky was named 'huabao' (the backup sent to my email shows that name). I also created a new account on Johnny name 'huabaocollection' has suggested. Both use the same email though. Am I still able to access 'huabao' on Ricky to change the settings or export the db or make a new backup?