[Solved] Imageboard - Wakaba And Kareha, Can I ?

fliper4o

Hi,

The only reason I'm here is to check if your free host can support & run an image board called Wakaba and Kareha.

Before I do anything here are the requirements:

Wakaba will run on fairly old versions of Perl, but may lack some features. For best performance, run it on Perl 5.8.0 and up. It has been tested on versions down to 5.005 or so.

First and foremost, Wakaba requires a database backend. It has been designed to support mysql and SQLite. You will need to install the appropriate DBD driver for whichever one you pick. See MysqlDatabase or SQLiteDatabase for more information.

Thumbnailing is done either with ImageMagick or NetPBM. At least one of these is often installed on Unix machines.

The following are optional:

MD5 checksumming requires Digest::MD5 package. Digest::MD5 is included with newer Perl distributions, or can be obtained from CPAN for older ones. Wakaba can also try to calculate MD5 checksums using the external 'md5sum' program.

CharacterSetConversion requires Perl 5.8.0 to work.

Please provide me with info. Or mail me on flipercho@gmail.com.

If support & can run it, I'll need your help to set it up :)

Thank you.

You created your account on Johnny, and that server has perl 5.10.1. You can use mysql or sqlite on Johnny as well although I strongly recommend mysql. Perl has DBI and DBD::mysql 4.043 installed. Digest::MD5 2.55 is also installed. ImageMagick 6.7.2 is also already installed.

It should probably work. Let us know if you run into any problems.