Account Creation

shihong

Dear Krydos,

I am a new user and wish to extend my appreciation for your fine service.

I had attempted to create an account on Johnny yesterday and it was pending account creation. I shortly decided to delete that account (but unable to login to cPanel) in order to create a replacement account on Tommy instead.

Today I have successfully created a new account on Tommy but my desired username and domain originally applied under Johnny are not available even though there is no such account under Johnny.

May I request for my old account under Johnny to be deleted from account creation, and my new username/domain on Tommy to be changed to the old one for Johnny?

Tldr: request to delete pending username "shihong" and domain "neo" on Johnny, and change existing username "shihong0" on Tommy to "shihong" and existing domain "neos" to "neo".

Many thanks in advance!

Regarding usernames:

First of all, the only way to change the username of a hosting account is to delete the hosting account and recreate it. The reason you couldn't reuse the hosting account username shihong is because this forum account existed. In order to create a new hosting account named shihong an admin will need to rename your forum account temporarily, then you can delete your shihong0 hosting account, then you can create your hosting account shihong, and then an admin can rename your forum username back to shihong as well. Would you like to procede?

Regarding main domains:

You can change your main domain with this page http://www.heliohost.org/classic/support/scripts/domain Please be aware that the domain neo.heliohost.org is currently unavailable because it is in use by another account.

Thanks for the quick reply Krydos!

Yes I would like to proceed. Would an admin be able to change my username from "shihong0" to "shihong" directly on Tommy? There are no files to be ported so alternatively, it could be as simple as an admin creating an account "shihong" on Tommy for me while I delete the existing "shihong0" account via cPanel.

In addition, "neo.heliohost.org" was created by me under the "shihong" account meant to be hosted on Johnny. I am unable to delete it as there is no access to login under "shihong" anymore. Would it ever be released for use again so I can reclaim it for hosting under Tommy?

Just read on another forum post regarding a similar situation -- I would be happy to receive a Tommy invite to setup a new account while I delete the existing "shihong0" as well.

Many thanks for your tireless support..

The Tommy account shihong0 has been deleted. Your forum username has been changed temporarily. An Tommy invite has been sent to the gmail address that was used to create shihong0 and your forum account. Let us know once you have created your shihong Tommy account and one of us can change your forum username back.

In addition, "neo.heliohost.org" was created by me under the "shihong" account meant to be hosted on Johnny. I am unable to delete it as there is no access to login under "shihong" anymore. Would it ever be released for use again so I can reclaim it for hosting under Tommy?

Please be aware that the domain neo.heliohost.org is currently unavailable because it is in use by another account.

I'll try to explain this better. Someone other than you already has the domain neo.heliohost.org and they created their account several months ago. The username is pccper. If this is your account you can delete it using the delete link above otherwise you'll need to use a different domain.

Hello again Krydos! I have just created the new account shihong under Tommy and registered for a new domain.

I remember clearly "neo.heliohost.org: was created with the old "shihong" account registered under Johnny, because that was my first ever experience with heliohost (and it was exciting) plus it was only 30+ hours ago. Hopefully it would be released for use again sometime.

And I'm ready for my forum username to be changed back too. Thanks for your patience and dedication!

I checked the logs, and it looks like the javascript that checks for domain conflicts failed in your browser and you tried to create the domain neo.heliohost.org anyways. So your Johnny account was never even created because of this, but your forum account was created which is why your shihong username got blocked.

Renamed back.