reset?

kittykat

Hello, is it possible to "RESET" my account, like, delete ALL the files on my service real quick? im shore i've seen a "reset account" button somewhere, thanks in advance....

i should have signed up with more disk space, im on ads unlimited i needed much more space, but i didn't think before... only got 150 megs, need more so i want to delete everything. but keep account. so when i go to my site its kinda blank. <_< :) :angry:

A disk partition...? I'm not giving anyone a full disk partition. There are not "reset account" buttons along the shore as far as I know, but you might want to ask your local Coast Guard or Lifeguard organizations. Also, you are not on Ads Unlimited.

Learn grammar.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey, djbob, as you can see its been much over 3 months, and my account is active....... i waited a while, and started using my account after about 5-6 months, so i have no idea now....i wish it had a delete button in the CPanel interface..

Not to self...maybye not ever use cpanel ^^

There is a real easy way to delete all the files in your account, but you have to be careful, because you can screw up your account real bad.

Goto cPanel.

Find the Disk Space Usage icon, under the Files section. click it

When that pops up it gives you a graph showing what is taking up the most space.

scroll down a bit, and you see a list of folders and how much space they take up.

check the folders you don't want. the click the delete button. it deletes them instantly.

Now this is for the ADVANCED member only. If you delete an important cPanel file, don't come running to me, or anyone else for that matter. You're the one who deleted it!

and what if you re-add public html? but won't you still have all subdomains and everything...

EDIT:

not true, i deleted it, now files in teh WWW directory show up...lest see how long they last XD

EDIT2:

O MY... i have 32976 emails on my domain, from cron daemon, even tho i never even use cron jobs.... freaky... lol mail makes up 32 mb? email non-checking = wat is wrong with me :P

Edit: found use of the site nwo, it will have all my script tests before they enter my pther site, witch, is hosted on paid hosting with sertin fetures i cannot get here.

LOL, i almost went < /p> like on a html page :P

WWW is not a directory, but a Linux file system link.

Djbob: Somehow, I think kittykat will be needing your "reset" service soon.

also Djbob: Can we have a temp. mute button for those who are annoying? ;)

Something like a day long ban that mods can give out. :D