[Solved] Asp.net Page Not Working Confusion

plaesesa

Hi, I am trying to host aspx pages however I am having some problems with it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a different problem.

I publish my web application using Visual Studio via the "FTP" publishing method. Everything publishes successfully, however navigating to the published directory gives this error:

Visiting a .cshtml page simply shows the source code without the code in it ever being run.

This also happens when I create bare aspx pages and put the source code inside them. My username is plaesesa and I am on the "johnny" server. I do not see anything about ASP.NET in the control panel and there is nothing documented about this on the wiki.

Do I need to set something up before asp pages work, or am I doing something wrong? Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

EDIT: After searching around on the forums, I have read that ASP is off for Johnny server as of July 18th. I believe this answers my question as to why it's not working.

• 3 years later...

Your edit is the answer. Asp.NET is currently not working on Johnny.

You'll need to move to tommy for ASP.NET support. Tommy supports up to .Net 4.5.

Is this still the current status of ASP .NET support on Johnny?