Run Exe On Linux Server?

cmh

Now I have an exe that loads a certain encrypted File in Blob - Field.
I want to implement this through the form on the site.
That is: the user on the site fills the form, presses the button and my exe Encrypts the file and then sent it to the database.
Is it possible to ? exe-win32
Of course, if I need to, I can provide the source code of my EXE (PM)

No. You could rewrite it in ASP.NET possibly since we do support .Net/Mono, but that's as close as you'd get in running Windows software. Even if it would run as written, you probably wouldn't have any way to launch it since we block exec/sys/etc.

It's probably best to just eliminate the EXE entirely. PHP has tons of decent encryption functions and libraries available for it, and they're almost certainly more secure and much more thoroughly tested than a homebrew solution ever would be. Is there a reason you can't use one of them?

You're likely going to need to rewrite it in a standard web language (or just do away with it and use one of the standardized built in functions in such a language) if you want to use it on any server that's not your own. It doesn't necessarily need to be PHP. Something like this should be doable in most languages (Java or ASP.NET are probably your best bets if you don't want PHP, perhaps Python would work too).

You likely won't find any hosting service that will let you run a random executable like that anyway. It's poor security to allow that because there's no way the server owner could guarantee that it wasn't malware.