Potgres Db Will Not Connect Pg_Hba.conf Issue

bobspar

Hello clever people,

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "bobspar1", database "bobspar1_diybook", SSL off in....

If I remember correctly it’s a domain check in Postgres... pg_hba.conf
Is what I’m trying to use.

I’m day 1 new to Heliohost, perhaps there is a way to set this up myself from CPanel but it eludes me...

Thanks
Bob

That's a really odd error because the host ::1 is already allowed for everyone in pg_hba.conf... I added another entry for ::1 for your specific database, and your error has changed. Don't know why you got that error while everyone else can connect without problem though.

Hi Krydos,

Thanks man you helped me figure out what is going on and probably only you can get to the main issue... but I got it working, well you did.

When I was setting up the dB's, I had a terrible internet connection and I made a dB called ...

bobspar1_diybook (The Phantom DB)

This dB does not show up in the CPanel... but if I try make it again, it tells me that it exists...

So I gave up and made another dB called... bobspar1_diydb (THE ACTUAL DB THAT I SET UP)

Then I forgot that I had to do this... and used the PHANTOM DB name ie bobspar1_diybook

Of course the thing connects but there is nothing inside bobspar1_diybook and I cant even control it from the CPanel.

Its like it got created but the internet bombed and it did not finish... so its a dB stuck in limbo with no permissions and that is causing all the problems.

SO... you can delete bobspar1_diybook because I have no control over the thing and it causes these other problems.

But do not delete bobspar1_diydb... that's the one that works.

Anyway, yeah, our gut feels were right... its a Phantom DB that is causing the issues... its there but its near invisible... you can kill it.

Thanks... yeah when I got past the first error I thought, damn all my data has disappeared, the schema is not even there... then I saw the different name in the CPanel... what really snookered me is the things actually connects as well...

Perhaps that explains the weird behavior...

Thanks... Bob