Ricky Php Opcode Caching, Mongodb

jomgapuz

Hello,

Is there any chance that PHP Opcode Caching can be enabled in your server? It is somehow recommended feature for a Drupal 8 site. Also, I have a free database replica set which is we can avail for free from MongoDB itself. My request is if we can have its extension and PHP library installed in your system. This would greatly decrease server load if I would be using a database service outside from the server.

Best Regards,

Username: icywind

Server: Ricky

Main domain: jom.heliohost.org

Which version of php are you using?

Would you be interested in having mongodb installed on the server instead of having to connect to a remote mongodb? It looks like it would be possible to install, and it shouldn't cause any problems.

I am using PHP v5.6. For my main domain but I am planning to use PHP 7.1 after my domain 'jomgapuz.xyz' is added. I already changed its nameservers and still waiting for the change [worldwide]. HAHAHA!

Wow! I didn't expect that my request could lead to more possibilities! Of course, it would really be great if you can serve MongoDB also! So not just connector/extension and phplib, you will also install the service right?

I am very glad to borrow a hosting space from you!

P.S. Can opcode caching be enabled?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you for the concern! Thank God, we're far from the place which is Marawi City. But the insurgency is still there and has caused too much damages, and even costed too many lives, be it soldiers or civilian. Even some politicians put all the blame to the president.

By the way, how's the status of MongoDB? Will you have another thread for its roadmap if it is happening?

Edited by jomgapuz

Oh, but the extension only is like installed opcache. it is just and ".so" file that can be downloaded here: https://pecl.php.net/package/mongodb

I thought it would be faster like I used to do here in my localhost, Windows, because it is just a ".dll" file. I don't how the same goes to linux. Is it ".so" or more complicated?

But yeah, I think that I can start from there from just the extension first... I'll just remote to my replica set in MongoDB Atlas for now. But it really depends. No rush. Hehehehe!

Yes, it is more complicated because cpanel handles all of the php extensions. Opcache was already included in cpanel so all I had to do was enable it. Mongodb-php is a lot more complicated because it isn't included in cpanel, and if you install things that aren't in cpanel it can sometimes break cpanel.