[Solved] Change The Server

flpcarv

I was searching google to learn how to change the server and I found this:

Whether you are on Johnny and want to move to Stevie or vice versa, follow these directions to switch servers.

Johnny offers services that Stevie does not (ASP.NET, Java/JSP, and Ruby on Rails), but that also makes it much less stable. If you require those services, use Johnny. If not, it is highly recommended that you use Stevie which is faster and more stable.

To request a move to another server, follow the following instructions:

1. Make a backup of all your files, databases, etc. ready for restoring (as your current account will be deleted).
  2. Request an account deletion.
  3. Wait for approximately 48 hours for your account to be deleted.
  4. Signup to HelioHost again. Make sure you choose the server you require.
  5. Wait for approximately 48 hours for your new account to become active.
  6. Restore your backups.

ASP.NET and Ruby on Rails come standard with an account on Johnny. However, to be able to use Java/JSP, you will need to request Java/JSP support here.

http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account

Do I still need to do this process? If yes, you should to change the registration mesage sinse its not completly true:

Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Tommy server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 1 hours and 12 minutes for signups to reopen, or you can create an account on Johnny now. You can always change servers later if you wish. (but you need to wait 4 days.)

I will wait until the feed back, thanks very much.

Yes. You need to delete your account, then sign up again on the new server and set everything up again. The information is a little outdated though. The deletion usually occurs within an hour of you requesting it (if not instantly), so no need to wait 2 days. Once that happens, you can sign up again assuming registrations are open.

Just be sure to not reuse the same username (it will fail since the matching forum account already exists), or ask us to rename your forum account before signing up again if you really want to reuse it.

We currently can't move accounts.

...you should to change the registration mesage sinse its not completly true:

-

on which HelioHost's Web page is the registration information not true ??

###

-

which server are you trying to move from and which server are you trying to move to ??

###

Yes. You need to delete your account, then sign up again on the new server and set everything up again. The information is a little outdated though. The deletion usually occurs within an hour of you requesting it (if not instantly), so no need to wait 2 days. Once that happens, you can sign up again assuming registrations are open.

Just be sure to not reuse the same username (it will fail since the matching forum account already exists), or ask us to rename your forum account before signing up again if you really want to reuse it.

We currently can't move accounts.

Ok,I will just create a new account then and delete this one once I am done. Thanks!

...you should to change the registration mesage sinse its not completly true:

-

on which HelioHost's Web page is the registration information not true ??

###

-

which server are you trying to move from and which server are you trying to move to ??

###

Its a quote on my post: https://www.heliohost.org/signup/server/

Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Tommy server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 1 hours and 12 minutes for signups to reopen, or you can create an account on Johnny now. You can always change servers later if you wish.

Its not really clear sinse you need to delete your account and the website will be offline for about 2 days.

I will just create a new account then and delete this one once I am done. Thanks!

-

it is the other way around - you need to delete you current account BEFORE you setup a new one

###

I will just create a new account then and delete this one once I am done. Thanks!

-

it is the other way around - you need to delete you current account BEFORE you setup a new one

###

I just created a new account with a diferent username ^^

Its weird how I am still logged in my forum account, lets see what happen when I deleted the old account

@flpcarv, you have 24 hours from now to move your account contents to your new account and delete your old one. You're only allowed one active account at a time. The easiest way to get everything from the old account is to download a full backup. That way you have all your files and databases.

The forum account will stick around regardless of what he does to the hosting account. If he wants to continue using the flpcarv forum account he is welcome to do so.

@flpcarv, you have 24 hours from now to move your account contents to your new account and delete your old one. You're only allowed one active account at a time. The easiest way to get everything from the old account is to download a full backup. That way you have all your files and databases.

The forum account will stick around regardless of what he does to the hosting account. If he wants to continue using the flpcarv forum account he is welcome to do so.

Sorry,it's already queued to be deleted. Thanks agin!

EDIT -------

You can consider this post as SOLVED.