[Solved] Change Username

nhalan

Hello!

I am in the process of migrating my backup data from Stevie into my new account on Tommy. When I signed up for a Tommy account, I could not use my previous username of nhalan and instead created nhalan1. Can I have my username switched back to nhalan? My websites use the original username and I would hate to have to go into the config files of each site to update it.

nhalan1 -> nhalan

Thanks!

You probably weren't able to reuse your username because there is a forum account with that name (I'm assuming yours, but didn't check).

If that forum account is yours, I will need to rename it before you can sign up for an account with that username. If that forum account is NOT yours, you simply cannot use that as a hosting account username.

Also, there is no way to change a hosting account username without deleting your account and signing up again when registration opens. If you want to do this, you can delete your account by signing into https://heliohost.org/login/ and selecting delete account. Then sign up as you did before when registrations open.

Thank you for the response. The nhalan forum account is mine. It is under a different email address which I can send you a PM if you need proof. I will go ahead and delete my nhalan1 account and recreate it with the nhalan username once you change the old forum account username.

I greatly appreciate the help!

The forum account nhalan has been renamed to nhalan2. Go ahead and register for a new Tommy account when registration opens tonight. Please be sure to delete your nhalan1 Tommy account beforehand.

Once you get the new Tommy account with your username, let me know and I'll rename your old forum account back to nhalan and merge the nhalan1 forum account you're posting with into it so your posts all stay together.

The accounts were merged. Please note that you will need to sign in using the password for the original nhalan account going forward (or reset it if you forgot it), since that was the account that was kept. The account nhalan1 has been removed.