[Solved] Remote Connection To Johnny Via Pgadmin (Or Similar)

Thottelberro

Hello,

I am trying to remotely connect to Johnny Server by using pgAdmin 4 (or Navicat): I tried many things, looked at many FAQs and forums, but it looks like something needs to be done on the admin side.

Here a topic that might help you solving this topic.

My data is:

Host: johnny.heliohost.org
Port: 5432
Maintenance DB: postgres (tried also with postgre)
Username: cecacons
Password: (correct password)

Attached, you can see a screenshot of the error message I get trying to connect remotely.

I really hope someone can help me here, because I have run out of ideas.

Thank you in advance.

post-97292-0-40688500-1491384045_thumb.png

Hi Krydos and Luigi123,

@Luigi123: Thank you!

@Krydos:

Here the requested info:

Postgresql Database name - cecacons_elektroschirmer

• In case I will create a new database in the future, do I have to create a new request?

Postgresql username - cecacons
(this should be the main user, with which I would like to connect)

• In case that is not possible, then please use cecacons_admin
  • In case I will create a new user in the future that should have access rights, do I have to create a new request?

IP access - I would like to be able to access it from all IPs

I am available for further questions, in case the given info is not enough.

Thank you very much and have a good day,

Thottelberro

The user cecacons has been granted access to remotely connect to the database cecacons_elektroschirmer from any IP.

In case I will create a new database in the future, do I have to create a new request?

Yes.

In case I will create a new user in the future that should have access rights, do I have to create a new request?

Yes.

In the past we granted open access to all databases from all users from all IPs, but that is a rather insecure way to do things. We're now doing something more along the lines of https://johnny.heliohost.org:2083/frontend/paper_lantern/sql/managehost.html where you can grant access much more securely. Until we write a custom Heliohost only plugin for doing this yourself you'll just have to make requests for it.

• Like 1