[Solved] Password Problem On New Tommy Account

cfbfan

It seems that Johnny won't be running anytime soon.

If I'm correct - that it won't be back "later today or tomorrow" - I'm ready to move again.

I am user cfp on Johnny with domains cfphq.heliohost.org & cfphq.com .

Please delete account/domains when appropriate - I have not yet signed up on Tommy.

I got through the process of creating an account on Tommy, but couldn't login. I tried to reset the password a couple of times, but got:

Uh oh, there was an error changing your password. The admins have already been notified of the problem, but if you would like us to manually change your password for you please contact support. You could also try reseting your password again.

That's odd. The error message just says "Access denied". I just tested using https://heliohost.org/reset/ to reset my Tommy password, and it worked for me. There's a possibility that the system just didn't like the particular password you used. If you could log in to your Tommy account https://tommy.heliohost.org:2083/frontend/paper_lantern/passwd/index.html and change your password to something other than the password that choked the reset system. Then if you want to help troubleshoot the problem you could PM me the password that wouldn't work it might help me solve the problem. If it's a password that you use on other sites too please don't PM it because I don't want to cause you a security issue.

I was able to login on the heliohost home page, so I would consider this problem to be solved.

As for the password resetting troubles, I am still clueless.

I don't even remember what the passwords were that I tried to use in a couple of reset attempts.

They were comprised of regular keyboard characters.