Let's Help Heliohost Improve!

joedoe

Hi there,

I've been a client at HelioHost for long already. It kees on improving, but I think we can make it improve even more! :)

What other features from other free hostings are you missing at heliohost?

For instance, I've been testing OneSite, and I miss the cPanel at HelioHost

Onesite doesn't even look close to us in terms of features. Based on their website, you're stuck with very little in terms of functionality and room to grow. They also have a "pro coming soon", which means they're likely planning to be the typical "we-say-free-but-we'll-pressure-you-to-pay" host.

Nearly every other "free" host I've tried that claims to have things we don't either ends up asking me to pay, didn't actually have anything new, or (in most cases), had less than we already offer. Some of our features like ASP.NET and Java support are nearly impossible to find elsewhere for free.

Our latest server builds added CloudFlare and a site publisher tool natively, both of which were often-asked-for things that many others have had for a while. We also just started offering completely free SSL, which has been a longtime request.

The big additions I'd like to see are:

• Allow A and CNAME records to attach domains instead of requiring specific nameservers (the one service I saw that did this had you add a specific TXT record to verify ownership instead)
  • Built-in lets-encrypt support in cPanel
  • Ability to move between servers automatically.