Stevie Backup Not Found - Gowenrf

kenttowns

I attempted to use the link to recover my backup from Stevie but the response was that no backup could be found for username "gowenrf" and any email address I entered (kent.towns@ttu.edu or kent.towns@live.com).

Can someone check to see if a backup is available for username "gowenrf" under a different e-mail address? Thank you.

Kent Towns

Theres actually several problems here.

First, its misconfigured because someone requested it be edited so it can be reused, and its inactive on top of that. I fixed that and marked it active again.

Second, neither of those emails are correct. It has to be the exact email you used to sign up (we have an sbcglobal address), and that address will receive an email to download the backup.

Thanks. I was encouraged to have the account edited for re-use so I could create an account with the same name on Tommy. I appreciate you replying. I know which sbcglobal account to use.

I've submitted the backup request form using gowenrf and gowen@sbcglobal.net and the form has stated "I just sent the link to download your backup to gowen@sbcglobal.net." But it's been an hour or so and I haven't received the link. Does it normally take a long time for the e-mail to be sent and received?
Thanks,
Kent

I would appreciate some more help on this. I still haven't received any e-mail to retrieve my Stevie backup. I've tested that my gowen@sbcglobal.net account can successfully receive e-mail several times. I've checked spam folders, deleted items folders and all other folders to no avail. I used the link a while ago to have another link sent to me for username=gowenrf e-mail=gowen@sbcglobal.net. Can you check to see if that e-mail was sent?

Thank you.

host ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net [144.160.159.22]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<wolstech@heliohost.org>:
    553 5.3.0 flph391 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 65.19.143.6 >_is_blocked.For assistance
forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I just looked into this and found a failed delivery message...AT&T blacklisted Tommy, so you'll never receive any emails from the @heliohost.org admin addresses or the backup script. AT&T is refusing to even accept them, let alone put them in spam.

I resent it from my personal gmail account, please check for an email with a subject of "Heliohost backup" from wolstech [at] gmail .com

Thank you for digging in and finding that issue. I did receive the e-mail from your personal account. Unfortunately, when I click the link, I receive the following error:

Link: http://backup.heliohost.org/stevie/_tX4I9F2KGvID0e/gowenrf.tar.gz

Error in browser:

Not Found

The requested URL /stevie/_tX4I9F2KGvID0e/gowenrf.tar.gz was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That means the backup script failed to recover your account. I've added you to http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/26930-manual-backup-master-list/ so Krydos can attempt to recover it manually whenever that list is worked. The data from the manual backups will be made available through the same system when it becomes available, and a news post will likely announce it.

Also, the email issue with AT&T and Tommy is being looked into as well: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/27083-tommy-email-blacklisted-by-at-tsbcglobal/ Hopefully we'll get the resolved so you can request the manual backup (if one is recoverable) yourself.