Stevie Backups

HelioHost

We are working towards and are hopeful to get Stevie back online later this afternoon. However, we don't know how long he will stay online. We are going to immediately disable as many services as we can like new account creations, http, php, cpanel, mysql, named, cron, etc. in the hope that it will keep him from crashing again quickly. If you are able we recommend taking a backup of your account once ftp is available.

• Like 1

Hello

How does taking backups of the mySQL databases using FTP work? I'm using the FileZilla client and intend on copying everything in the root folder. Is there anything else I should do?

Also, would it be possible to leave cPanel running so we can take full migratable site backups?

Hello

How does taking backups of the mySQL databases using FTP work?

Also, would it be possible to leave cPanel running so we can take full migratable site backups?

If FTP is all that's running, Krydos would need to export them like he did for Johnny (he dumped them and left the dumps in your home folder).

I doubt he plans to do that though since we're trying to troubleshoot a load-crash issue...last thing we want to do is cause load. Your only choices in that scenario would be to abandon your database and rebuild it elsewhere, or wait until he's fixed enough to get access and make the backup.

Leaving cP running would be nice, not sure how that'd go over with the testing we're trying to conduct though. If it's causing the crash...it'd defeat our attempts at repair if left running.