[Solved] Migrating From Johnny To Stevie

OK, I'm finally getting around to migrating my stuff from Johnny to Stevie. Clearly not been a rush ;-). But do want to get it done. The catalyst actually was that today Johnny cam back on-line.

Not the one problem I have is logging in. I basically can't. So I tried a password reset and I get this message:

Johnny Crash

Your account is located on the Johnny server. Due to a catastrophic hardware failure Johnny is currently offline. We are sending an admin to our datacenter to work on the server as soon as possible. We hope to be able to recover all of the user data on Johnny, but it's too early to know if there will be anything to recover. You can follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest news. If you would like to transfer your account to Stevie you may do so by creating a new account. If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your patience during this unexpected downtime.

OK, so I figure, no drama, create an new account. Only I can't create an account "bwechner" as it is taken, by me ;-). Mildly annoying.

I wonder if there's a fix or workaround short of thinkering up a new account name and managing it.

As an aside, email to support@heliohost.org is bouncing, yet the form has a section titled Email Support that suggests mailing there.

I'd love to keep my account and just put my stuff on Stevie or Tommy (Tommy apparently is full). And chance of doing that? If a backup of Johnny is available still happy to use that, no crisis if not, can upload from here and reconfigure.R

Regards,

Bernd.

Johnny isn't actually online. He's being rebuilt, and what you're seeing is a brand new, unconfigured install of cpanel, since we backed up the data and nuked the server yesterday. There are actually no accounts on Johnny right now. Once it's configured, krydos will probably restore all the user backups. Our account system still thinks all the Johnny accounts exist though, since they should be coming back concerned the server is rebuilt, which is why you can't reuse the name.

Not sure why support@heliohost.org is bouncing for you. Doesn't matter in terms of actual support, since emailing that address actually just posts your email on the forum, but I'd guess the spam filters are being a little oversensitive. I'll check the log when I get a chance and see if the raw email even made it to us.

Tommy isn't released yet, hence why he's always "full". It's currently an invite-only beta.

Your best bet for now is to pick a different username and sign up in Stevie. If you had domains associated with your Johnny account you want to reuse, let me know and I'll have a root admin remove them for you.

Oh, happy to wait for Johnny to reappear with backups restored too. Not in a rush. Thanks for the update! I only tried now because my Thunderbird is seeing Johnny again ;-).