Possibly Hijacked Account And Help With Feeling Vulnerable

usertogo

Wanted to open alltheway.com today and get a unknown error message that implies that the DNS had changed, and my login to Heliohost didn't work anymore!

It put me on a long train of thought...

This is regarding Alltheway.com, which I have been hosting here for a few years...

Now recently I am advertising this Domain for sale or am looking to partner with the people that can help develop it... Meanwhile I feel vulnerable because the web has grown in so many dimensions I might not know enough about, and with a potentially big sale like that I could be in danger of being left without value ...

Now the most obvious place to ask for help here - considering this hosting is already a community - the scope of the envisioned alltheway.com matches this community very well - how do I enter communication with potential associates here?

What might have happened with my account?

It's not hijacked. We're rebuilding Johnny. What you're seeing is the unbranded cPanel default queued page. Eventually that'll turn into our queued page once we configure it. As part of that process, we backed up the accounts on Johnny, then wiped the server. Since there's no accounts on johnny right now, you cant log in either.

I'm not sure whether it'll go back to your content or not when the rebuild is done, but I do know most of the user data was backed up at the beginning of the process.

Oh, thanks, I hope a less downtime solution will result, or should I consider moving the page to a different server?

I am looking for collaborators and either from the domain sale or from its appropriate use a lot of capital could crystallize!

Elon Musk is my Hero - I love exponents!

Oh, thanks, I hope a less downtime solution will result, or should I consider moving the page to a different server?

Tommy is in an invite-only beta, Johnny is under construction, and Stevie crashed again last night.

Krydos is looking into the Stevie issue though, and thinks he might know what's going on with the repeated crashes, so once we get that mess sorted out, I'd suggest Stevie if you want reliability.

I'd suggest Stevie if you want reliability.

I don't know what I was thinking to go to the experimental server instead of the reliable (not that alltheway.com uptime is that important at this point)... Is there a way to migrate the account or is that a 'manual' process where I had to create an altogether new login? Mentioning that because by now the pageerror allteway.com generates asks me to login, but my login fails somehow nor can I recover the password by email...

It's a little hard to do much of anything at the moment.

Moving would be a manual process (backup, delete account, sign up on new server, restore site from backup), but since your existing Johnny account was deleted by the rebuild process anyway, you'll just sign up again when he reopens. Supposedly the data was backed up, but it's yet to be seen if/how any of that will be restored. The rebuild is still under way (he's working at this point, but there's still stuff Krydos needs to do before it could handle the load from the public).

Steve is down due to repeated crashing (being worked on).

Tommy is invite only.