New Gen sucks

Ha, slightly off topic, most forums' internet talk I see most people hate Ubuntu, I hear many good things about Fedora though.

Just as many people hate Fedora Core as they do Ubuntu. It's all about preference. They're both bloatware-for-dummies to me, anyways.

I have never used either. What would you recommend? I'm not sure what it means but I hear speak of Ubuntu not using proper methods because it uses its own because its a build off of Debian (I think thats the name).

I recommend whatever works good for you. Doesn't mean I won't trash it ;)

Ubuntu get's a lot of bad rap from the Debian community 'cuz it doesn't abide by Debian's fork guidelines.

I was actually thinking of buying 3 computers at some point in my life just for compatibility and convenience; Mac 10.6, XPMCE, and maybe Fedora 7.

Though this may not necessarily be what they are best for, here is how I would divide up the purpose:

Business and Play: Win

Media and Personal: Mac

Technological Work: Nix

I was actually thinking of buying 3 computers at some point in my life just for compatibility and convenience; Mac 10.6, XPMCE, and maybe Fedora 7.

Though this may not necessarily be what they are best for, here is how I would divide up the purpose:

Business and Play: Win

Media and Personal: Mac

Technological Work: Nix

You can buy an Intel Mac and triple boot OSes.

Excuse me, i don't agree, everything is coming now what it going to be like in 2080?? wireless computer with no leads?? hm... if people wanna make there own designs and put them on the market then let them if they want to work hard and make money then let them!!

Yeah, I wanted to tripple boot and I thought about it, but I think I get off to the control center type thing with three screens from 3 different computers arround my face. I'd use them to divide up what Iam doing, probably chatting on one, doing work on another, and just watching a movie or doing something else on another. That would be so cool. I know how to dual boot, but yeah I know if you want to use mac and win, mac is the only way to go. I'm gonna go to a friends house sometime this year (because I have dialup) and downlaod a Linux for download. I'm really thinking about Fedora, what do you think would be good for a nerdy programmer who likes to learn the hard way arround with out all the easy shortcuts and automators? I like lots of manual control.