New Account Hangs At Password

dave911

Hi everyone,

Just going through new account sign up - as server is available - but when I get to the set password section I enter the password and confirmation, tells me I have a great password, but the 'next' button is greyed out and I cannot proceed.

Any thoughts?

Guest Marko30

OK figured it out - my password was too long - deleted a few characters and it works fine.

You can use desired password after registration, just change it in cPanel.

Hi Krydos,

I originally had, I think, 13 or 14 - mixture of numbers, letters, characters etc.

Tried many times by changing the password to a smaller number, 6 or 7, and still greyed out - this was by cut and paste from where I had the password written down.

One time I entered by cut and paste the password, 13 or so, and backspaced a few - 3 or 4 - and the greyed out button lit up.

Once it was lit up I then entered the full 13 numbers again all was OK.

I never actually typed the numbers in - only by cut and paste - so not sure if would show same behaviour when directly typing in the password.

Hope this explains well enough.

(I notice you are admin so a quick question - how do you mark this as 'solved' - I've looked everywhere and cannot spot it.)

Thanks,

Dave

Admins can mark it solved.

I think the problem might be with the copy/pasting not with the length. There is no limit in the code, but it's possible that the javascript on your computer doesn't update the button properly from a copy/paste. What browser are you using? I'll test it out and see if I can figure out what is going on. Thanks for your feedback on the new website.