Should the age of consent be eliminated?

HerLoss

Should the age of consent be eliminated?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The age of consent is the age at which people become legally old enough to have [bleeped!]. Where I'm at, its 18. Basically, if two people under that age have consentual [bleeped!], its still considered rape on the guys part (considering its a guy and a girl). Which really sucks cuz all it takes is a pissed off girlfriend and I'm in deep [bleeped!].

Also, if someone over that age has consentual [bleeped!] with someone under that age its considered rape on the older persons part, which pretty much creates the term pedophile and makes pedophillia illigal.

What if its NOT a guy and a girl? Just curious as to what happens then............

And no, the age of consent should stay, based on your explanation of it. Lets say two ten year old kids do it. That's totally immoral and unethical, but then they would simply walk away without any consequence because of the lack of a consent law...........

What if its NOT a guy and a girl? Just curious as to what happens then............

I have absolutley no clue what happens if the two are the same gender...

I personally think it should be lowered in the case that both people are under age, but not THAT underaged, and I'm very against there being a big difference between their ages if only one is underaged, Its just that I dont like the Idea that "kids" around the ages of 16 and 17, the age that most people I know start getting into that kinda stuff, are getting in massive trouble with the law just cuz their parents dont approve or their partner got pissed off over something little and wants to get them in trouble for something consentual.