Should same sex marrages be allowed?

awesomegamer

Should same sex marrages be allowed?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't agree with either same-[bleeped!] marriages or racism against homosexuals (notice the kinda-contradiction-I-guess). I hold a theory that homosexuality is an acquired characteristic rather than one you're born with. If you look at the mammals around you, none of them are gay.

Racism is bad, cuz, well, it is. Whether its against homosexuals or anybody else. You can disagree with a person's opinion or choice, but you have no right to discriminate them for that. I hold this opinion for all discrimination.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but bats have the highest homosexuality rate among all mammals...

Watching my favorite news station (the Daily Show on Comedey Central for those of you in the U.S.) and they showed another news stations broadcast. In texas (who didnt see that coming) they have banned gay people from adopting foster children. Apparently the kids should be raised by their original parents who they were taken away from for being beaten, molested and the like. Thats what the guy proposing the bill said, that they should be raised by their own parents. Also the law says that they need to somehow "test" all foster parents to see if they were telling the truth about their sexuality when they adopted.

Just thought that was an interesting and slightly relevant story.

Also, I dont think that I have actually stated my views on this yet. Personally, I dont think that its really marriage. Marrige, by definition, is the legal union of a man and a woman. Thats the definition. I really wouldnt care if they were allowed a "civil union" with all the same benifits. And thats what the argument is over, the benifits of a unified couple, not what the union is called.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hold a theory that homosexuality is an acquired characteristic rather than one you're born with. If you look at the mammals around you, none of them are gay.

Homosexuality is congenital. People r born with the sexual orientation that they will have (in most cases anyway). But there r in fact gay mammals. I have seen one of my friend's turtles having [bleeped!], and they were both male. It only appears that mammals r not gay because we have more complex minds and we think about the "righteousness" of this stuff while mammals don't.

btw, I'm all 4 gay marriage, as long as I'm not involved. I mean, sure, gay men r disturbing, but I have no qualms about them getting married. And I certainly don't have a problem with lesbians.

btw, I'm all 4 gay marriage, as long as I'm not involved. I mean, sure, gay men r disturbing, but I have no qualms about them getting married. And I certainly don't have a problem with lesbians.

Haha, qualm... new word for me. Better go look that up.

Yeah, and I think the reason that most other animals arent as apt to be homosexual is that they dont have [bleeped!] for the same reasons. We have [bleeped!] with people we are attracted to, and animals have [bleeped!] to reproduce. Obviously homosexuality isnt genetic, or else there wouldnt be any gay people, but I dont think its a learned trait.

I read somewhere that some scientists found out a gene (or was it an areas from the brain? anyway....) that is responsible for the sexual orientation. Like you said PF512 that the person was born this way. Although it wasn't transmissible... Sort of a mutation I guess.

But genetical or not, they should be treated as everybody else

But genetical or not, they should be treated as everybody else

Yes, after all, they r human, and most of them have done nothing wrong. So I think they should b able 2 marry each other as long as they don't cause problems 2 the straight people. I mean, I know lesbians, and they r nice. Like any other human I know.

So I think they should b able 2 marry each other as long as they don't cause problems 2 the straight people.

Well that wasn't nice... unless you didn't express yourself correctly..

What do you mean by them not causing problem to straight people?

Hey, straight people causes problems to straight people too... Persons causes problems to persons, independent of sexual options

So I think they should b able 2 marry each other as long as they don't cause problems 2 the straight people.

Well that wasn't nice... unless you didn't express yourself correctly..

What do you mean by them not causing problem to straight people?

Hey, straight people causes problems to straight people too... Persons causes problems to persons, independent of sexual options

What?! I think u ****ing misunderstood. I am saying that as long as the homosexuals don't cause problems 4 people like me, then I have no problems about them getting married. And by problems, I mean like raping me, stealing my money, taking my possessions, killing me, et cetera.

What does raping you, stealing your money, etc have to do with homoxexuals getting married? A homosexual can commit a crim if he/she is not married.

The right 2 b married is a privilege. And if a person cannot follow the rules of society, then he/she should not have these kinds of privileges.

Then other people who cause hemmoroids to bubble up in my [bleeped!] should lose priveleges like marriage and living. And might I add, that you happen to be one of the hemmoroids bothering me, and your mother is the cause.

Then other people who cause hemmoroids to bubble up in my [bleeped!] should lose priveleges like marriage and living. And might I add, that you happen to be one of the hemmoroids bothering me, and your mother is the cause.

If u don't want 2 have your hemorrhoids erupting, then maybe u should start avoiding my posts. Not 2 mention u spelled your own condition wrong. I'd have thought if u were afflicted with hemorrhoids, u would actually know how 2 spell it. I don't have it, and I can even spell it.