[Solved] Can't Login To Cpanel

fridge97

Hi there,

I created an account called fridge97 and I got an email saying it was all ready to use but I can't seem to login to cpanel as it says the password is wrong?

I tried to reset the password but have not received the email with the confirmation code.

Could I please get my password reset?

Thanks!

The reason you can't get password reset emails is because you used an email address that is on your account. So, when it sends the email you can't access it since you can't log in.

Im not sure I understand?

Im using an email linked to my domain so I am receiving emails just not the password reset one

Your domain is using outlook.com MX records. So if you receive an email from say gmail they check your MX records and send it where it needs to go. If Stevie sends you an email it checks the MX records second. First it checks to see if that domain is hosted on itself. If Stevie is hosting a domain it just skips the MX step and sends the email to itself to save time. Therefore if you use a contact email address that is hosted on the server that you're trying to regain access to it won't work. You won't get the email.

It's essentially like locking your keys inside your car.

• Like 1

Your domain is using outlook.com MX records. So if you receive an email from say gmail they check your MX records and send it where it needs to go. If Stevie sends you an email it checks the MX records second. First it checks to see if that domain is hosted on itself. If Stevie is hosting a domain it just skips the MX step and sends the email to itself to save time. Therefore if you use a contact email address that is hosted on the server that you're trying to regain access to it won't work. You won't get the email.

It's essentially like locking your keys inside your car.

Ah I see! Thanks for the clarification!