Something I have had on my Mind

OK many many moons and centuries ago..man went on a destination if ya will.. f or new land. From science we all started out in Aferica (I'm only in 6th grade I'm going to be wrong with this stuff plus I'm LD but it had a point.) Then Columbus sailed the blue found America. Well what if one day we can all have a planet like i.e. mars would be Europe.. Jupiter would be japan etc. Do you think it will ever happen.

That wouldn't happen. Everywhere would have the same names and people who just migrate to the planets. The countries would extend to new planets and new countries will forms, however the home planet would remain Earth. That is if we even ever get that far.

That would be hard, unless we are in the ages like in star trek.... right now we are/would be considered "pre-warp" so that would be pretty hard to have each country with their own planet. It would take years to do that anyways and cause panic and disruption if you ask me. I say we all just nuke each other and get it over with.... the most powerful wins. LOL JK

Nice one you hit it on the money rich.

The gamma rays would mess up a few genes in your cells, but the problem with this is that it wouldn't change all the genes. If it messed up a gene that became a sperm cell and was then used to reproduce, then it would have that defect, or maybe adaptation, in every cell, since they would all have the same genetic make up. And even that is highly unlikely, but it can still happen, I mean theres only a few billion people in this world. lol

As to the original reply, Earth would become a neutral zone, museum if you will. If we colonize other worlds, it will either be because there is to little population, from pollution, war etc, or because there is to much. Either way we would go to other worlds because we don't want to start wars with other country's to gain land. So we would probably have made peace on Earth. The cities would be so built up that a war would devastate every nation into a poverty. Well Earth would have to be a strictly political and commercial place. No army or CIA would be located on Earth just to avoid conflict. Everyone would be free to roam as Earths security would be as one, since there would be no conflict between nations on Earth.

It's like the fort at jamestown (the brits first base on fort for a colonization on America)

That fort now is of no use to america, and though it was used by our enemy, we still keep it for the history. It is nothing compared to the vast nation that is now america.

That is how it would be, except with nations and planets, not america and jamestown.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Other worlds being colonized by individual nations? In my opinion it could happen, but I doubt it ever will. Although our world is not even close to being united the current trend seems to be a more global direction. The global economy for example is lead by the majority of nations understanding that trade barriers and restrictions make it more expensive to do business. Not everyone believes this point of view, but that is their prerogative. Not all nations can produce what they need on their own. It is better to let individual countries produce goods and services where the skills and resources exist to make it cost effective.

Another example is the International Space Station. Here is a project that any one nation would have had trouble with coming up with the resources to make happen. Sure, one nation could have built a smaller version, but nothing compared to the current scale. All the involved nations saw that it was a project worthy of their efforts. By working together these nations will all benefit and produce a much better station.

Maybe I'm being too much of an optimist, but I would envision the world of the future becoming a better place to live and this view eventually spreading out to other planets. Hopefully people will realize that working together for the common good is a much better goal than get as much as you can no matter what the cost. I'm also hopeful that people will come to the realization that the Earth's resources have their limits. There are so many wasteful people and practices out there. Imagine the impact if everyone did their part at recycling.