Save the Internet

• 1 month later...

No way, from what it looks like only large corporations would be able to get the fast lane. EX Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, Microsoft, Adobe. Those large corporations that depend on the internet a lot would pay massive amounts of money to get in the "fast lane." They would probably pay more that helionet/host makes in a year. LOL Thats the point of the "fast lane" to try and monopolize the internet. I already saw that video before and wrote a letter to my rep. He gave me some automatic response that he is probably required to give when I right a letter asking that question.

I'm all for net nuetrality. ISPs should not be able to control the internet, but do their primary job of just allowing access to the internet. And it wouldn't be fair to block competitors sites (ie. AT&T blocking Google/Gmail) just because they want more $$.

• 1 month later...
we should try asking them to save the internet cause i have a feeling that it will be limited to some users soon cause the ip's are quickly finishing....

I don't think the idea will fly, the public is strongly against it, it's just wrong. It's the equivalent of paying the Government to intentionally break down a road leading to a Target and widen the one to the Walmart. It's just wrong.

Similar to what's been going on with the internet radio royalty fees, thousands of stations have joined to fight it.

The internet is the last open space left... it's the only true "free society".

For sure it is, and yeah do you know guys that the web hosting space is being finished rapidly as millions of pages are being hosted on internet everyday, we should try persuading people only to host websites which make sense and are good for people rather than hosting sites which are useless.

For sure it is, and yeah do you know guys that the web hosting space is being finished rapidly as millions of pages are being hosted on internet everyday, we should try persuading people only to host websites which make sense and are good for people rather than hosting sites which are useless.

You might as well agree with scrapping net neutrality. That is one of the key arguements against net neutrality if you word it slightly different. The internet is free, whether it's crap or not doesn't matter in a free.

• 4 weeks later...

...sorry if I"m misunderstanding...but there is no way web hosting space will ever run out as long as new computers and servers can be made. Files on the Internet aren't uploaded to some massive, gigantic, huge server that everyone connects to... -_-