Connect Mysql Database Remotely

Hello Guys,

I have recently came to know about heliohost's awesome offering (free hosting!) and I am pretty excited to dive in deep and leverage its full potential. Since I am new to Heliohost, I know little about the do's and don'ts here so sorry if I am asking more than possibility :)

I have a simple query: I have some php code stored on another host and I need to connect it to my Heliohost account's MySQL database so basically I am wandering to know:

1) Whether it is possible (abiding witht he terms & conditions of Heliohost) ?

2) If possible, then what changes do I need to make in cpanel settings to make it possible?

3) What would I put in the hostname field when connecting to this database remotely?

Your help is much appreciable and looking forward to see some smart people help me here ;)

You can do this easily. In cpanel, go to Remote MySql and add the IP address of the remote server that will be connecting to us. If you dont want to filter by IP address, a % sign will allow anything with the right username and password to connect.

On your remote server, configure your script to use Stevie.heliohost.org or Johnny.heliohost.org as the host name (use the one for the server you're on). Username and password will be one of the database users you've set up under MySQL databases in cPanel.