Suggestion: Update Cpanel To 11.52

paladox2014

Hi this is a suggestion but could you update cpanel to 11.52 on stevie and johnny. The release is in the stable branch and include multi php support meaning you could set the default php for example php5.3 and a user would have the abaliity to select a different php version such as php 5.4 or 7 without causing any problems for any other users.

My understanding is that that function requires significant resources we don't have, not to mention more complexity.

With that said, I can't see us supporting that feature even if we update cpanel...things are already overloaded and don't work half the time.

I doint believe it will use up all the resolves but I believe it would use up some more of the server memory meaning more install space but since php would be pre installed you would not need to install it on a per account basis. I think that Cpanel understand that web hosts doint have the resources to do that so I think they optimised it. But I could be wrong.

But php7 is made to be faster and to be optimised to use less memory.

PHP isn't (and never has been) installed per account...it's installed once per machine, but run under the user accounts via suPHP.

If we ever get a new server I could see us offering something like this. Until then, don't count on it.