do you think the mission to Afghanistan was a good idea?

druser

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is an interesting subject, as Americans we are oil hungry so war in the middle east would allow us to obtain more oil, allowing our big corporations to improve their profits. Then again they did attack us. Whether or not it was a good idea to go to war in the first place can never be proven, since you don't know the alternative outcome. Thou I i can say that the war now is a drain our nations economy, and has put in a debt that we are not sure if we can get out of. A high ranking, retired, F.B.I official has announced that we may be heading in a depression, and that our resent economic prosperity is coming to an end. Now whether this is because the growing economic of China, or the debts from the war in the middle east I'm not sure but, it is quite disturbing to know that by the time I'm an adult that America could very well be a poor nation, instead of the rich glorious nation that we know today.

To find out more about our growing troubles with china visit my site here and check out my article on china.

All people must live in peace?

That is far away from now my freind, as long as we have countries and conflicting beliefs there will always be war. you can see some conflicts that will arise in the future, such as Christian idiots, Cina, Meixican immigration here. Some of things are actually quite disturbing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay. This is tricky. I voted 'yes' on the poll because I believe that the mission itself was a good idea. I just think that it should have been better thought out. With our military strength, we could've been in and out much more quickly. Dragging things out like this is never a good idea.

I find that A LOT of people somehow aren't feeling friendly towards CHina... I know this is off-topic but AwesomeJoe23's topic on CHina makes me have the impression that many people feel that China is a country to be feared one day. Well, first off, CHina has not invaded anyone in History. They only fought back (right?)

Anyway, back to the main topic... Afganistan was a mission to go for oil and to liberate the place... so I think we did the right thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay. This is tricky. I voted 'yes' on the poll because I believe that the mission itself was a good idea. I just think that it should have been better thought out. With our military strength, we could've been in and out much more quickly. Dragging things out like this is never a good idea.

Then again, doesn't dragging out the war allow for increased funds? I'm guessing that's what those involved are into, in any case.

And for all I know, didn't the US go to war without permission from the UN?

Well I voted yes. We did the same thing in Vietnam. In the beginning of the war we kicked A**, but now we are just trying to keep people there safe. It's really those F***ed up suicide bombers now.

We can stay there for a little bit longer or let the country kill themselves, and change back to the way they where.

OR

we can bomb them with a bomb filled with weed fumes and then everyone there will be happy man :)

j/k