Down time

AverageJoe

What's causing this is the new surge of members we're getting. As soon as we get our new shipment of ad money I'll upgrade the server and the random downtimes and slow load times will dissappear. That will happen before the end of this month :)

Ahhhh! I just registered with another hosting company because I thought this one was going down the tubes! At least I kept a DB and File Backup.

Glad to hear that Helio is getting more visitors though.

What's causing this is the new surge of members we're getting. As soon as we get our new shipment of ad money I'll upgrade the server and the random downtimes and slow load times will dissappear. That will happen before the end of this month :)

No more is need to say. There are a few DB errors, though. The Quiz kind of doesn't work, and gives a IPB error.

Ahhhh! I just registered with another hosting company because I thought this one was going down the tubes! At least I kept a DB and File Backup.

Glad to hear that Helio is getting more visitors though.

Just like any other member based website, when you get more visitors you will eventually need to upgrade software and hardware which will give you some downtime. I dont think that it is cool that you openly post that you have gone over to another hosting company because you think that heliohost/helionet has gone down the tubes.

When can we expect the periods of down time to stop?
ASAP. The minimum waiting time would be probably been a week, the maximum is by the end of the month. I have just purchased new equipment, but it takes some time to configure the equipment for use with HelioHost, as HelioHost uses highly modified systems for automated ad placement, security, and extra features.