harry potter

Did any of you have A.R. where you had to read books and then take tests on the computer to get points? I read those because they were the most points?

never heard of this...was it for school?

Yes, you had to read a book, any book, and take a computer test on it to get points. The amount of points you got was dependent on the length and overall difficulty of the book. We would often have to ge so many points to obtain a certain grade.

IE:

20points=A

15points=B

10points=C

5points=D

0points=E

that would be an easy grade. I think I did that when I was in like 6th grade. But instead of a computer test, we had to write a 1 page report and then take a test (but it wasn't on the computer).

P.S thers no such grade as an E

So okay, I'm 23 and I love the Harry Potter book series. Yes I admit I'm a potterhead. Anyway, The first couple of movies bugged the hell outta me because the poor (inexperienced?) acting and lousy effects. Alfonso Curion turned that around in the third movie. The series is getting good! Alliances are unknown with several central characters...got me hooked and I can't wait for this last book.

Other big series that rock (and a little more grown up); Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, and The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. Also working on the Hannibal Lecter series by Thomas Harris

I own all the books and read it twice, looking forward to the last one, watched all the movies (probably more than half a dozen times seeing that I also own all the DVDs) and can't wait for "The Order Of The Phoenix" to hit the cinemas.

Why am I SO addicted ... dunno. JK Rowlings must have put a spell me ... :P