harry potter

can someone please explain to me why harry potter books are so popular? i mean, i can understand if it was popular with children and teens, but i've seen lots of older people being hooked on the series. i find that so weird! my ex used to get all the books when they came out, and she was in her twenties! i know those fantasy type books are fun and everything, but come on...from what i've seen in one of the movies, it wasn't even that great!

i grew up reading books like the redwall series and the hobbit...those were [bleeped!] good!

It's just a long series that you start and want to continue when the most recent edition comes out five years or so after the first one. So a twenty year old could have started at 15.

P.S. going to give the redwall series a shot!

hey, that makes a lot of sense...didn't realize that could be the case.

and yea, you should give the redwall series a shot...you won't regret it, i hope...i remember being so engrossed in it that i'd spend the whole week just reading and reading...my favorite from the series was Mossflower...also, Martin the Warrior was pretty cool...

read them in order!

• 2 weeks later...

When I was young kid I liked it a lot (it was my first novel).

But I do hope that I like the red wall series that much. The last book that I read like that was from the shadow child series. I just couldn't put the book down it was that good! I strongly suggest it to you.

Did any of you have A.R. where you had to read books and then take tests on the computer to get points? I read those because they were the most points?

never heard of this...was it for school?