[Solved] Connection Problem With Website

trinucc

I'm having no problem logging in and modifying content for the website I oversee, but nobody has been able to access the site for the past couple of days.

Username: trinucc

Site should be available at www.trinityskippack.org

When URL is typed in the message generated for the past several days says:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Your help with this is appreciated.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response--I have only been maintaining the website content for the past several years, but I'm not the person who built it. Nothing has changed in my status as the database user since I took over my role.

With what little bit I grasp from your response, I can understand that your suggestion might have some sort of impact if I was having trouble getting into the database to begin with, but that is not the problem at all.

The issue is that for other persons trying to access our site using www.trinityskippack.org , they get the Connection Problem message. (But they are not trying to get in there as the database user, which is what is confusing me about your response.)

Sorry about my technical ignorance.

It's a problem between the software and the database that stores the forum data. The database user is a user account on our server used by SMF to access the database. A person doesn't log in using it, the software does. That account has stopped working and needs its password changed. SMF's configuration file should contain the username and password for the database user account if you don't know them.

Once you find it, you would need to go into cPanel, find the database user named in the file (there's a list of users attached to the hosting account in the MySQL databases section), and change its password to match the one you found in the configuration file. If you don't know how to find the configuration file, SMF's documentation should explain how to find it and where the database settings are.