Mysql Database Unavailable

J.P.Galtry

I've been busy on other things and didn't see the message about the MySQL upgrade on stevie, but my main database is backed up on another server, so I still have access to the data. However, I can't get any sort of access to my data on stevie.

External access doesn't work (and adding % to the remote mySQL list doesn't seem to do anything useful). I was getting an error message that said Host 'strawberry.ukhost4u.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server [1130], but now it's changed to Access denied for user 'jgaltry'@'strawberry.ukhost4u.com' (using password: YES) [1045]).

I'm not getting the phpmyadmin page, I've deleted the database from cpanel, recreated it and still can't get a backup to load, and my web pages don't seem able to find the data either reporting Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqlerror() in/home1/jgaltry/public_html/library/libconnect.php on line 3).

None of the scripts have changed, so it must be something on the server, and it started happening yesterday - about 9pm British Summer Time (GMT+1)

It appears to be a botched update, though at least one other user reported speaking to Krydos on IRC and who said he was unaware anything was updated (confused there, he's the only one who does this stuff).

I've yet to hear anything official on this...nothing has been said to staff either. :-\