webpage?

Hy I'm knew to coding and I'm trying to make my first website here. Where do I write it, I already have a very simple html/css page on notepad, can I copy and paste it to my homepage. I can't even find my homepage. :wacko:

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool I got my page up, thanks. :D

where can I learn more about all the tools I have, And what do I have to do to make a small forum?

Also I'm a beginner so what languages do you think I should learn and where?

Every time i try to find a tutorial I come across a video or something that I have to buy.

Thanks for all your help.

What other languages do you use for webpages?

(X)HTML is the markup language all webpages use. You can do client-sided scripting through JavaScript, Flash, and Java, while you can do server-sided scripting from things like PHP, CGI, ASP, Perl, Python, etc.

I thought I would put up these two links for you too, incase you wanted to increase your HTML knowledge. Also a free program that can help alot is Alleycoder, lets you put in the code and see it like its much more expensive alternative Dreamweaver.

http://www.eobcards.com/tutorial3.htm (Start with this one)

http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmltags/a/bl_index.htm

Wow thanks for all the replys guys. I have know learned html, or most of it. you can visit my site here.

Now my next question is what languages do you actually write on your site ad what languages do you generally have the scripts installed (to give me a good understanding of which languges I should be concentrating on moving on to)?

Thanks for the links and your advice,

Joe

What other languages do you use for webpages?

(X)HTML is the markup language all webpages use. You can do client-sided scripting through JavaScript, Flash, and Java, while you can do server-sided scripting from things like PHP, CGI, ASP, Perl, Python, etc.

Which one of these files do you manually implement into your files?

Which one of these files do you manually implement into your files?

I use XHTML 1.1 as the markup, JavaScript for client-side, and PHP for server-side.

I strongly disagree with using WYSIWYG Editors (drag and drop) You always NEVER get the same result when you save the file. It also never allows java scripting and other scripts like such.

Hmm? I don't know what you're using, but I've never had a problem with WYSIWYG editors when forced to.