Home Ip Blocked?

GuiltyPixel

gpixel guiltypixel.com on stevie

Hey there, it seems my home IP was being filtered, preventing me from accessing IMAP on Stevie, although a while after asking for help in chat I find it is working again; I assume someone saw my message and addressed it or the filtering was temporary. It was working from another IP, I have two connections available from home.

How can I prevent this from happening? Should I limit how often my clients check the server for messages? Is there a limit in place which will cause filtering to occur? Perhaps you could whitelist 66.69.123.176/24 on stevie ports 993 and 465?

Thanks,

GP

Are you able to access your website when this happens?

If not, the firewall is blocking you. This usually won't clear on its own and an admin needs to unblock you.

If so (even if it's an internal server error), it's possible an overeager mail client is causing you to hit the process limit. IMAP runs a process in your account when you check mail. We cap the number of processes you can have open at one time. When you exceed the cap, the process can't start and the mail check fails (same goes for other services too...websites show an internal server error because PHP can't run, etc.). The processes close themselves after a while and it starts working again. Try checking your mail less frequently.