Johnny Ghost Mysql Database, Pma Doesn't See It.

mikescube

Hello.

Just after signup I created mysql database using cpanel, couldn't see it in pma. I thought it became visible after account creation confirmation, but today I've checked - the first database is still not visible under pma.

Other databases I created using cpanel or pma today are ok - their names have 'test' inside, so you can easy check which one is missing in pma.

Server johnny, hope you know my account name.

I don't need an assistance with this case yet cause I can get rid of the first database, I'm writing this note to notice something is not working as expected and may cause problems during backups/restore or general in future.

Best regards

Edit:

Oh, I notice that cpanel doesn't show db created today by pma sql command (_test1). :/ weired

Edited by mikescube

Hello. Just after signup I created mysql database using cpanel, couldn't see it in pma. I thought it became visible after account creation confirmation, but today I've checked - the first database is still not visible under pma. Other databases I created using cpanel or pma today are ok - their names have 'test' inside, so you can easy check which one is missing in pma. Server johnny, hope you know my account name. I don't need an assistance with this case yet cause I can get rid of the first database, I'm writing this note to notice something is not working as expected and may cause problems during backups/restore or general in future. Best regards

Have you dropped the database and recreated it? I've had this happen on my Stevie account, and just backing it up, dropping it, and recreating it in cPanel made it appear in PMA.

Edit: Oh, I notice that cpanel doesn't show db created today by pma sql command (_test1). :/ weired

If you create the DB in PMA, you won't see it in cPanel and can't assign users to it. Also, dropping databases created this way can be a challenge. A PC tool like MySQL workbench might work, or an admin can drop it for you.