Problems On Asp.net Pages

sagnik

I've a asp.net page. When I'm trying open the page I'm getting the following error when opening the asp.net file in browser:

Server Error in '/' Application

Document element did not appear. Line 1, position 1.

Description:HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.Xml.XmlExc eption: Document element did not appear. Line 1, position 1.

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTex tReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlTe xtReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlRea der.MoveToConte nt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Configurati on.Configuration.R eadConfigFile (System.Xml.XmlRe ader reader, System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Configurati on.Configuration.L oad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Configurati on.Configuration.In it (IConfigSystem system, System.String configPath, System.Configurati on.Configuration parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Configurati on.Configuration.c onnector (System.Configurat ion.InternalConfigu rationSystem system, System.String locationSubPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Configurati on.InternalConfigu rationFactory.Crea te (System.Type typeConfigHost, System.Object[] hostInitConfigurati onParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.Config uration.WebConfig urationManager.O penWebConfigurat ion (System.String path, System.String site, System.String locationSubPath, System.String server, System.String userName, System.String password, Boolean fweb) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Version information: Mono Runtime Version:2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

How I can fix the problem?

I mentioned this over in the web section...very few people here know ASP.NET, so don't expect much help with it.

If you're trying to build a stable site, I'd recommend using PHP instead, as the errors tend to be more helpful and easier to figure out with PHP. It's also a lot easier to learn, and there's no compatibility layer like with ASP.NET (Mono in our case). PHP is platform agnostic and version semi-agnostic. ASP.NET is made for Windows with zero effort made for supporting other platforms (Mono is a third-party effort that's far from perfect) and often won't work between versions.

Not likely. He only maintains the servers and fixes problems. He does not troubleshoot software that our users develop. The issues you're having are almost certainly related to bad code on your part, since the few others who use ASP.NET would be complaining as well if the server had broken.

If you really need ASP.NET, I'd recommend finding one of the many web programming boards out there and asking for help there. Mention you're trying to develop ASP.NET code that needs to run on Linux under Mono so they know you're not using IIS (Microsoft's web server, which is the standard server for ASP.NET). Also mention it needs to be for .NET 3.5, since our version of Mono won't support .NET 4.0/4.5 code.

Is I can find the Web Programming Board on Helionet? If yes, then also I've posted a topic at "Website Management and Coding" listed at the main forum board of HelioNet about 14 days ago on the same problem, I've explained here. But I've not get any replies from other user.

I was suggesting that you find help at another website that's not related to heliohost or helionet. We do not have anybody here who knows ASP.NET, so you won't get any responses.

If you can get help elsewhere with the code, it should run here just fine.