[Solved] Where To File About Reports.

hussam

I need to contact someone privately about an abuse report.

Someone popped up on freenode in heliohost channel and the sent me (and probably everyone a private message).

He asked how he can use his website to download (transload) files from other websites like mediafire to his hosting account and then download them from heliohost to his PC.

In plain english, he wanted a php script that downloads files from mediafire directly to his heliohost account and then he can download them from heliohost to his PC.

He said the files he wants to download to his heliohost account are large. 100+MB.

I warned him that this may get him suspended.

He said (translated to english) "I opened this hosting account only to host files basically this is free hosting so it's not my problem."

The username on #heliohost was called Ezio.

I have the IP address he used to connect to freenode but I won't post it here for privacy reasons. PM me please if you want it.

I personally didn't want to post here at all but I couldn't find a place to do abuse reports.

Please feel free to delete this post in case I should not have posted here in the first place.

PM me the IP if you don't mind. I'll see if I can find his account. I actually don't see anything wrong with what he's doing though unless the files exceed his space limit or are illegal/pirated, or the script he plans to use causes high load. I use my account to store large files regularly albeit it's not my sole use (I have several websites and web based software hosted on it.)

Abuse reports can either be posted here or can be emailed to abuse@heliohost.org.