Progress on Plans

Ashoat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some people have websites with photographs and stuff (you know, galleries...). Some even have movies. There are mp3 sites as well. So those sometimes need a lot of space.

If you want to ever know how much bandwidth you need, you multiply the number of hits daily you expect for your site, and multiply that by the average file size of your website (in KB), and multiply that by .03. You'll get your needed BW in MB.

For instance, a 20KB site (thats standard) getting 1000 hits daily (this site gets about 2000) will need only 600mb.

Yup. But it takes a while for a site to build up popularity... what with user-to-user recommendations and stuff. I will probably have the upgrades and plans up before your site becomes the choice web portal on the internet ;) :D

it is... It's like 15 or so websites were all the owners plus a lot of non-owners meets at a hub from the group... BTW, have you ever went into a hub called bsbhub? I have an impression of seing somebody with a nick similar to yours there....

Well, to djbob, how long did it take before this site started pickin up? Howd you get people to sign up when the forums were pretty much empty?

well, to some I offered moderator positions, and some just came cuz they were my friends, etc. i took about a month for it to pick up, very soon after I submitted it to directories.

now, back on topic plz!