[Solved] Error Registering Account On Stevie

jtm

I have been trying to register an account on the Stevie server.

I receive notification indicating that the account is being created, and receive an email reflecting this.

Your hosting account at HelioHost has been added to the creation queue. Here is your account information...

A few minutes later, I receive an email indicating that account creation has failed.

Dear jtm,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

I've tried creating the account several times, and receive the same error. I'm just wondering if this message is sent in error, or if there is a problem with the chosen credentials.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for your response.

Here is the information requested.

username: jtm

domain: jtm.heliohost.org

What's the domain name and username your trying to create an account with?

Thank you for your help.

No, I didn't have an account with helionet.org previously.

This support request is being escalated to our root admin. One more question. You don't have another account with us do you?

No, not Hotmail--I use a Gmail account. Could that be a problem?

Your not using a hotmail email address to signup with are you?

It's actually not a problem anymore. For a while hotmail decided to block all of Heliohost emails and wouldn't even deliver them to people's junk mail boxes. They have since stopped being so rude as to delete our emails without any reason or warning so we re-enabled people being able to create accounts with us using hotmail addresses.

I actually can't see any reason why your account wouldn't create successfully. I even checked the other accounts created on or before the date that you posted your issue in case there was some serverwide issue that was causing all accounts to fail to be created, but that isn't the case either. Could you try creating your account again and let us know how it goes this time?

• 1 month later...

It's been a month since the last activity on this thread with no response from the user. I'm going to have to assume they no longer need any help. Feel free to create a new thread if you have any other issues that you need assistance with.