[Solved] Error 500 With C/c++ Cgi

Guest Arcanck

Guest herberth

Hello,

My application is in Stivie server. I'm trying execute scripts C/C++ because in the register page of HelioHost and in the Wiki says that is allowed, but I always gets 500 (Internal Server Error) status. It's must compile on HelioHost? For I am compiling and then sending to the server and then running.

Guest herberth

Are you giving permissions 755?

Yes, I give permission 755 for both the cgi-bin directory as for the script.

Guest herberth

Can you post your script?

Here is my script of test:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {

printf("Content-Type: text/plain\n\n");
printf("Its working!");

return 0;

}

It compiles normally!

It's must compile on HelioHost?

Well, it technically doesn't have to be compiled on Heliohost.

For I am compiling and then sending to the server and then running.

In order for this to work the system you are compiling the binary on must be exactly or at least reasonably identical to the server you intend to run the binary on. Since it's not working I'm guessing your compiling system is not close enough. Try compiling it on the server as the wiki instructs and let us know if that works any better for you.

Guest herberth

It's must compile on HelioHost?

Well, it technically doesn't have to be compiled on Heliohost.

For I am compiling and then sending to the server and then running.

In order for this to work the system you are compiling the binary on must be exactly or at least reasonably identical to the server you intend to run the binary on. Since it's not working I'm guessing your compiling system is not close enough. Try compiling it on the server as the wiki instructs and let us know if that works any better for you.

Hello!

I followed the instructions on the wiki, and it worked. What compiler, version and OS should I use to make it work. I don't want to be using Cron Jobs. Until that my account may be suspended for it.

Thank you!