[Solved] Error: Error Displaying The Error Page

ccwu

Hello,

After Stevie crashed on February, I can't access my own website. When I visit my own site, it shows either "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error" or SQL=INSERT INTO `kifzg_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('f59aaea0ce0eef2ece3d900e9cf57b70', 0, '1393154172').

I can't even install Joomla! when I tried to create a new site (with another domain). When I installed Joomla! with the new domain, the error message appeared:

<p>"The following errors were found :

• Could not make the query numbered : 6
    MySQL Error No : 2013
    MySQL Error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query
  • The MySQL Connection could not be established."

Could you please help me to solve the problem due to Stevie's crash?

My account is: ccwu.

My site link is http://ccwu.heliohost.org/

Thank you very much!

ccwu

post-42041-0-50415000-1395418824_thumb.jpg

Export your entire database through phpmyadmin, then edit the exported dump (replace "Engine=InnoDB" with "Engine=MyISAM" in every place you find it). After that, create a new database and assign the user you currently use for the old database to it, then import the edited dump into the new database through phpmyadmin. Finally, edit the database configuration for your website to use the new database.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion. However, I encounter some problems.

Following your suggestion, I exported all the database through phmyadmin. Then I created a new database through "MySQL Databases" and assigned the user name to it. After that, I tried to import the edited dump to the new database. However, I can't import the edited dump. The error message was like: #1007 - Can't create database 'XXXX (database name)'; database exists.

Since I can't import the edited sql file that contains the database name already exited, I tried to create this new database through "phpmyadmin" by importing a new database. So, I exported a single database through "phpmyadmin". And then, I deleted all the databases through "MySQL Databases". I edited the the exported dump and changed the database name to a new name I want to create. OK. I succeed to create a new database. I also successfully created the imported database in "MySQL Databases" and assigned the user name to it. Finally, I changed the database name in configuration.php.

However, I can't still access my website. The error message is still the same: "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error". I don't know why. Is my way wrong?

Another question. Even though I delete a database through "MYSQL Databases", the database name still appear in the "phpmyadmin". How can I delete it? Does this cause the website problem? or other reasons?

Please let me know how to solve this problem. Thank you very much!

CCW

Even though I delete a database through "MYSQL Databases", the database name still appear in the "phpmyadmin". How can I delete it? Does this cause the website problem? or other reasons? Thank you very much! CCW

This issue is part of the ongoing problems as well. I tried dropping one after I made a new one with MyISAM tables and did that too. It shouldn't be an issue other than being wasted space. You can't get rid of it, an admin needs to drop it for you. I think mysql is having issues dropping the databases since it goes down so much due to the problems.

As for the error being the same...do the tables actually show as MyISAM now (I'd assume so, since I don't believe InnoDB tables can be created at the moment)? The error is caused by database issues, most likely an inability to reach the server. Check that the DB user/pass and DB name are right. The host should be localhost. If you want, post the configuration.php here and I'll look when I have time (censor the password please).

Joomla's board has this topic about the error: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=791765

Dear wolstech,

Thanks for your information.

I checked the configuration.php. The database user name/pw and database name are correct.

I also check the db type in the configuration.php. It's mysql.

In addition, I checked the table type. It is now MyISAM (even though it became "Engine=InnoDB" when exported).

I followed the step 1 and 3 suggested by this website http://www.andrewbre...t-and-unchanged

(I skipped step 2 because I can't access my joomla! admin page)

All things seems no problem.

But I can't still access my site. :unsure:

The attached is my configuration.php (I replaced my pw with "#####").

Thank you very much!!

CCW

configuration.php

The DB settings look fine. I'm out of ideas on it unfortunately. Perhaps someone else might know more about Joomla. I don't know much about it since I do not use it.

The only thing I can suggest now is waiting until the DB server is fixed (might be a while, there's been little/no update on the repairs in a month), moving to Johnny (the DB server is working but high downtime due to load), or replacing Joomla with something else.

The DB settings look fine. I'm out of ideas on it unfortunately. Perhaps someone else might know more about Joomla. I don't know much about it since I do not use it. The only thing I can suggest now is waiting until the DB server is fixed (might be a while, there's been little/no update on the repairs in a month), moving to Johnny (the DB server is working but high downtime due to load), or replacing Joomla with something else.

Dear Wolstech,

Thank you very much!!

So, the problem might be due to Joomla! or DB server. If the problem is in DB server, I need to, and have to wait. But I have no idea the progress of DB server repairment. Does the admin can see my report here and realize the problem? If yes, I can wait. Otherwise, please let me know how to report my problem to the admin.

In the meantime, I might try to move my site to another server, to test whether it's Joomla's problem. But I like heliohost. If the problem can be solved, I'm glad to stay here.

Thank you for your help! :lol:

CCW

The admins have known about the database issues since 2/17 when it broke. There's no information on the status of repairs. It's been broken for a month though and the repair was expected to be time-consuming, so I wouldn't expect it to be repaired in the immediate future.

The admins have known about the database issues since 2/17 when it broke. There's no information on the status of repairs. It's been broken for a month though and the repair was expected to be time-consuming, so I wouldn't expect it to be repaired in the immediate future.

Thank you! I understand.

Thanks for your help :)

Hope the database can be repaired as soon as possible.

Dear wolstech,

I moved the whole site to another server (not belong to heliohst) for testing, including database.

After modify the configuration.php setting, my site comes back.

So, seems that my database and configuration.php setting have no problem and that the only thing I can do is wait.

Hope the problem can be solved as soon as possile. :)

CCW

Dear wolstech,

Glad to inform you that my website comes back at Stevie!

I tried the way you suggested again. This time, I have no problem to create a new database through "My SQL Databases" and then imported the modified dump exported through "phpMyAdmin".

Thank you very very much! Now I can keep maintaining my website! :D

CCW