[Solved] Main Domain Feature Not Working, Site Down

klaush

Hello. Here's my heliohost information:

User: hensing

Site: cts-enlinea.heliohost.org

I wanted to "re-use" this topic: http://www.helionet....th-domain-name/ because I'm having the exact same problem as pccrazy, but the topic is closed so I had to open a new one with the same issue (sorry).

I purchased my domain name yesterday (ctsinmobiliaria.com) and wanted to use it as the main domain of my heliohost site, but it's not working.

I changed the nameservers with these ones in my domain's control panel more than 24 hours ago:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

When I go to parked domains section in heliohost cp, I get this message:

"There was a problem creating the parked domain…

You cannot park your main domain!"

I must confess, though, that I ran this script in heliohost->home->support->script->Domain change (http://www.heliohost.../scripts/domain) after I changed the nameservers to point to heliohost.

Once I did that, I change the site's URL in wordpress configuration (it's a WP blog).

Site has been down since. :(

I'll appreciate all the help I can get to have my site back with my domain properly configured.

Thanks in advance

t I ran this script in heliohost-&--#62;home-&--#62;support-&--#62;script-&--#62;Domain change (http://www.heliohost.../scripts/domain) after I changed the nameservers to point to heliohost.

Using that script changes your main domain...cts-enlinea.heliohost.org is down because you un-registered the heliohost.org subdomain when you changed your main domain to ctsinmobiliaria.com. To fix it, use that script again to change your main domain back to cts-enlinea.heliohost.org

The "You can't park your main domain!" error is because of the same issue. You made that domain your main domain, so you cannot park it as well. Once you change your main domain back to cts-enlinea.heliohost.org, you will be able to park the new domain.

Once you change the main domain back and park your new domain, wait 24 hours, and both domains should work.

If you want to keep the new domain as your main domain, don't do anything (it is working). Do note, however, that you cannot have cts-enlinea.heliohost.org if you use your new domain as your main domain.

Wolstech, hi. Thanks for the advice.

I started the reverting process. I went to the script and switched back to cts-enlinea.heliohost.org. Then I updated the WP options table to have the site configured to that subdomain again.

The site's still down though, but the funny thing is that ctsinmobiliaria.com seems to be pointing now to what should be the site, only that the css and all the images are not loading.

I haven't added the parked domain yet. I'd like to know what's going on. Maybe the domain was finally updated and I made a mistake by reverting it to the old subdomain at heliohost?

What do you recomment I should do now?

Thanks again

Chances are the first change did finish and start working, hence why it looks like that.

You need to wait 24 hours after you make the changes before they start working. Check back tomorrow to see if your old heliohost.org domain works again. It is showing as queued, so it is in the process of being recreated...

I will wait.

Just a couple of questions:

1. So, the "Domain change" script in heliohost homepage does work?

2. What's the difference between using that option and parking the domain, and why do you recommend parking it?

Yes it works. As for it's difference from parking a domain...there's no real benefit except for a few cases such as when you use registrars like registro.br that require you add the domain before you can set your nameservers.

Most users can just park their domain and it will work fine.

Hey Wolstech, thanks for all the help and information.

My account is still queued. It's been... more than 2 days now that my site has been down. Hopefully it will be back online in a few hours. I can access my control panel though.

In the meantime, can I try to park my domain right now or should I wait until the site is active again?

Hi Byron!

I just parked my domain and it was all fine. No errors.

So, when my site gets back online, will I be able to view it through ctsinmobiliaria.com? Or is there something else I should do to have my domain properly configured? (I already pointed the nameservers in my domain's cpanel to heliohost).

Thanks for all the help :)

Hi, it's me again. I know this topic was marked as solved and it actually is, but another small related issue just came up so I decided to post it here.

Right now my site is visible through two URLs, which could lead to banning in major search engines... and that's bad:

cts-enlinea.heliohost.org, and

ctsinmobiliaria.com

I would like cts-enlinea.heliohost.org to redirect to ctsinmobiliaria.com. Is it possible? How can I configure my subdomain at heliohost to redirect to my main domain?

Thanks in advance

Hi Byron.

I have configured cts-enlinea.heliohost.org to redirect to ctsinmobiliaria.com, and it's working fine. But for other URLs in cts-enlinea.heliohost.org it's not redirecting.

If I understood correctly, selecting "Wild Card redirect" in the CP will redirect everything typed after the "/" to the corresponding redirecting url. However, it doesn't seem to be working. For example:

cts-enlinea.heliohost.org/nosotros/ is NOT redirecting to ctsinmobiliaria.com/nosotros/

By the way, my site is now showing duplicated in Google results, upon searching "cts inmobiliaria". I don't wanna make the "Panda monster" mad at me, so I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the help.

I think the cpanel Redirect manager is working fine. To do what you want requires a little more then the Redirect manager is capable of coding. All the redirect manager does is drop a mod rewrite script into your root .htaccess file. Try posting here in this group with what your wanting to do:

http://www.codingforums.com/apache-configuration/