[Solved] Please Show Me My Cpu And Ram Usage Over The Last 1 Week

hovatek

Here is your cpu and memory usage as a rank among other users on your same server. 1=highest 4=three users are higher than you, etc. Larger numbers mean less load and less chance of being suspended.

date       cpu mem
2014-02-10  10  4
2014-02-09  14  4
2014-02-08  11  4
2014-02-07  15  3
2014-02-06  13  3
2014-02-05  12  2
2014-02-04  13  8

Thanks. i've collated my stats for a month now. my CPU usage has dropped significantly so my optimization appears to be working. i am however still worried about my memory usage. its still on the high side. I know its my forum but could you please give me the exact units of memory used over the last 2 weeks AND WHAT SCRIPTS ARE CONSUMING THE MOST MEMORY so i can focus more on them or just disable such scripts all together.

Well, the numbers I've given you are a rank of your memory usage versus all other users on your site so there aren't really units. Basically the server just keeps track of which accounts are using how much memory and cpu as a percent of available memory and cpu throughout the day, and then it sorts it by who used the most cummulatively. Being ranked #1 in either category doesn't even mean you're going to get suspended either. We don't have any maximum cpu or memory usage restraints for accounts. As long as the server is running well no one gets suspended. If the server starts to crash or run slowly due to lack of memory then the highest memory usage account gets suspended. If the server is about to crash or is running slowly due to the cpu being pegged out at 100% then the highest cpu usage accounts are suspended. That way one account isn't allowed to hog all the system resources and cause poor performance for all the other thousands of accounts sharing your server.

As far as figuring out what script(s) are using the most memory it's pretty much impossible for us to give you any useful information because CMS' generally are all accessed through index.php which includes dozens if not hundreds of other files, so from the point of view of the server's log files that index.php file is using all of the resources. Generally though, the more plugins and the more addons you install on your CMS the more memory it will require all that extra stuff.