[Solved] Request For Main Domain Name Change

ramensoup

Hi, I found a forum way back dedicated to main domain change requests but it was locked so I'm making a new post.

I would like my main domain name of my account be changed to pearlkuo.com?

I have followed the instructions and added the following nameservers to my domain via my domain registrar:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

My current domain is: pearlkuo.heliohost.org

My new domain: pearlkuo.com

My cPanel username: pearlkuo

Thanks!!

Why not just park your domain name? It will work the same as changing your domain name and nobody will know the difference. Plus if something were to happen to your domain name, you'd still be able to use the heliohost sub domain name. That's the way I have my domain.

As byron said, you are better off parking it. I have mine set up the same way byron does, and it has been useful several times (I lost a domain once, and also where I work my .tk domain is blocked but heliohost.org is not, so I can still use my site through my subdomain).

If for some reason you really want to change your main domain though, use this script to do so: http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain

Hi, thanks for the tip!

I just parked my domain, but I'm wondering how long it takes for it to be effective? 24 hours? Right now, I'm still getting an "Oops, could not find pearlkuo.com" error.

(ps. I had this page before I parked my domain as well)... o___O