[Answered] Cloud9Ide Ftp File Permissions

Draktharis

Whenever I deploy files from Cloud9IDE (http://c9.io) using SFTP, it sets their perms to 600, which breaks things like CSS.

(I've tried everything I can think of to get regular FTP to work with Cloud9, but it always comes up with some error or another.)

Now I know this is probably C9's fault, but I was wondering if there's something I can do server-side to force the transferred files to be something like 644?

Sorry if that didn't make much sense. Thanks in advance.

SFTP settings:

Host: sftp://ftp.mydomain.tld

Port: 1312

User: My cPanel username

Password: My cPanel password

Remote path: /home/username/public_html/path/to/destination

These settings usually WORK, except for the perms issue.

(I think HelioHost may have temporarily blocked C9 or something after I was trying all different settings, since I can't deploy anymore, but I can still connect with FTP/SFTP from my computer.)

FTP settings:

Host: ftp.mydomain.tld

Port: 21

User: My cPanel username

Password: My cPanel password

Remote path: /home/username/public_html/path/to/destination

These settings do NOT work. It says something about not trusting something (yeah, I know, really helpful), and then times out.

(I can connect with these settings from my computer, just not C9.)

C9 doesn't allow you to configure anything else, at least not visibly.

They say they use PASV or passive mode, which is what Helio uses, right?

If we got normal FTP to work from C9, could that possibly fix the permission issue?

Most FTP clients can change permissions on files. It sounds like this cloudnine's ftp client doesn't allow you to configure much though. What IP does cloudnine ftp client connect from? Have you asked cloudnine's support if you can set what permissions their client uploads with? You could just use cPanel file explorer, or an FTP client on your computer to edit the botched permissions after c9 uploads their files?

I was doing just that, uploading with C9, then fixing perms, but that got rather annoying since I was doing it every couple of minutes. (I'm sort of a programming newb, so it takes a few tries to get it right.)

I've asked C9's support about the perms, waiting for a reply.

I'm not sure what the IP is of C9's FTP deployment stuffages, but it would be handy to know, since Helio seems to have blocked it, since it keeps saying failed login, (530) with settings that I know work. (This is probably due to my excessive failed login attempts.)

Could Helio have blocked it for an extended period? I've tried a couple times over the past 24(ish) hours, but it hasn't worked at all.

If so, would it be possible to unblock?