[Solved] Request To Re-Deploy .war File

lani1234

In the 404 error message, it says the resource is not available, and it lists lani1234_CandC which is the name of my database. I am trying to connect to the mySQL database using my Java web app. Is there anything out of the ordinary that needs to be done to connect to the database I have set up on your server?

The database name is lani1234_CandC

username: lani1234_lani

password: dbpass

I am using:

driver = "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/lani1234_CandC"

I have this same .war file deploying fine on a different server.

I have placed a new .war file in my home directory (home/lani1234/CandC.war) if you wouldn't mind re-deploying it just in case I had a typo in the database name or something. I appreciate any input you might have otherwise.

Deployed. http://lani1234.heliohost.org/CandC

It looks like you might have already figured this out, but for the best response time just created a new thread each time you have a new version to deploy.

Here is a working snippet from a .jsp file that connects to a mysql database. Perhaps it will help you.

<sql:setDataSource var="snapshot" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/username_jsptest"
    user="username_jsptest"  password="censored"/>

<sql:query dataSource="${snapshot}" var="result">
SELECT * from people;
</sql:query>

Also, it's usually a bad idea to post your passwords in a public forum.

I am still getting the same error message with this .war file.

I am connecting to the database through a java class. My web app uses jsp and java servlets. The jsp files access the servlets which do all the heavy lifting.

Although I am sure I have the code right for connecting through a java class, do you have a snippet of that?

Also, you use Tomcat, correct? What version? Could that be an issue if my project is optimized for Tomcat 7?

Thank you