[Solved] E-Mail Delivery Delayed

UniQSoft

Hello,

I have in many calese long delays in delivery of e-mails addressed to me.

For example of e-mal header:

Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:09:35 -0800

Received: from mailc-fb.linkedin.com ([199.101.162.78]:50578)

by johnny.heliohost.org with esmtp (Exim 4.80)

(envelope-from <m-IJ8rgX7cooFq63kmuVFzxaLROIGIa3XXctOqu0hfr6hvCuGmXKdzuVNdxE2@bounce.linkedin.com>)

id 1VeQql-0005dd-4g

for greg-g@uniqsoft.co.il; Thu, 07 Nov 2013 06:46:23 -0800

DomainKey-Signature: q=dns; a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;

s=prod; d=linkedin.com;

h=DKIM-Signature:Sender:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-LinkedIn-Template:X-LinkedIn-Class:X-LinkedIn-fbl;

b=VZmM5KhGepqjzQ6IkhFIo0XBxIoB6za9qoLq9VxOEZfwDfKlZ2osXGo3U5vM4Emv

sYL6xZy+msDZ9v3RHrN+3csazQv27ZdBsos1+tOwI1bHpG3fFCmvcXlx8vJ97BiE

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; d=linkedin.com; s=proddkim1024; c=relaxed/relaxed;

q=dns/txt; i=@linkedin.com; t=1383835582;

h=From:Subject:Date:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-LinkedIn-Class:X-LinkedIn-fbl:

X-LinkedIn-Template;

bh=poiviZMdDJYEE8+8itIwSXO7Q9A=;

b=QXqc396sc2UGcItr+VjE0eQTE/b3NYtKCVO/HWY7U8wrihpddW2/0d6ABPUARnv7

L0HMiCQMrHyFQ+hYv4fYueOe7RNaKnjEGVTsrVCXlCClZIgAidN5yniYpKgvVrER

ow6s//t4+bFMlnJ1BWt9FcwkkK0CAFyAD83qRIo/KwE=;

Sender: messages-noreply@bounce.linkedin.com

Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:46:22 +0000 (UTC)

There is delay of 35 hours!

Why this happens? :angry:

Please fix this problem.

The most common reason for delayed emails is not having multiple redundant mail servers to accept the mail if the highest priority mail server is busy or offline or there is a network problem. Since Heliohost is more focused on webhosting than email hosting each account by default only has the minimum 1 MX record. You can add additional MX records using this link http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/mail/mx.html where the lowest number has highest priority and the larger the number the lower the priority. If someone sends you an email and it fails for any reason and there are no other email servers listed in your MX records it's up to the sending mail server to try resending it later or abandoning it altogether. Standards dictate that the sending server should retry for three days, but not everyone chooses to comply.

I just sent an email from a gmail account to a johnny email account and it arrived within seconds.

Another thing that might help is to move your account to a server with a higher uptime. Since Johnny is our experimental server it regularly has uptime of 85% to 95%. If you're interested in higher uptime you can read the instructions for moving your account here http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account